Thursday, August 5, 2010

Crema Cafe

An unfortunate letter I was forced to write. I believe it says it all:

"To the Owners of Crema Cafe:

My fiancee and I moved to Seal Beach at the beginning of the year. We have heard so many wonderful things about Crema Cafe, it is even highly rated on Yelp. We could not wait to walk down Main Street and taste test for ourselves. Finally, we were able to visit your establishment yesterday, August 4. The experience was not only
undesirable, but downright dangerous. My fiancee ordered an iced chai with soy milk, because he is extremely allergic to milk. He took a sip and thought it tasted funny. I tasted it and could tell right away that it was not made with soy milk. We asked the young man who made it, and he admitted to using non-fat milk. He remade the drink but showed no remorse, even after we informed him of his allergy. We tried
to stay and eat a meal but my fiancee was feeling quite ill. He had trouble walking home, and when we finally reached our house he had already gone into anaphylactic shock. His throat closed up, his lungs tightened, and he was unable to breathe. Luckily, I had sufficient medication at the house to treat him because a trip to the emergency room would have been too late. I should have called 911 right at your
store, though I doubt you would want that kind of attention. Please, please, please advise your employees to be more careful! This could have been a fatal visit, people ask for soy milk for a reason, not just to be picky. We are extremely disappointed and are wary for my fiancees health. Needless to say, we will not be returning to Crema Cafe, nor will we be recommending it to any of our friends. I am not asking for any compensation, but I would greatly appreciate it if you advise your employees to be more careful so as this incident will not happen again (or a much worse fate)."


I'm never one to complain nor do I like confrontation, but it had to be made aware so that others can benefit and escape a similar incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment