Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Pea

I have been so focused on testing my tomato allergy it had slipped my mind that peas were another of my unusual food allergies. I felt it was so easy to abstain since I don't like peas anyhow. However, in many Asian food restaurants, they add peas into their rice. I usually just pick them out. I guess that's not a good idea.

I either accidentally ate one or there's pea residue to take into consideration. Last night the peas allergy rendered such an enormous attack that not only did I heavily blow my nose from the congestion, it also caused a migraine (yet another affliction I suffer from). This migraine literally crippled me, and if you ever get migraines you know what I mean. My eyes start to blur and light itself can blind me; my head pounds as if my heart were beating in my temples; the slightest sound is deafening; and my whole body becomes limp and lifeless from ache and nausea. There is no cure. I must huddle under a blanket in a dark, soundless room alone, to sleep for the an entire day.

God help me to remember I'm allergic to peas!

1 comment:

  1. Pammy,

    I don't know how to send a msg to you directly with Blogspot, so I have to use this comment box. I just launched (soft launch beta release) a new site called AllergyEats (www.allergyeats.com) which is an online guide to allergy friendly restaurants. It has an associated blog where I talk about food allergy issues that relate to restaurants. I was wondering if I could reprint your post here as an example (to many people with newly-diagnosed allergies or kids with allergies) as to why they shouldn't just try to pick out the allergens from their foods at a restaurant. This of course is not to make you look silly, but to provide important information for those who might have life-threatening anaphylactic reactions.

    Please respond to antico@allergyeats.com.

    Also, I would love to co-promote each others site. I'll list your post under Best of the Blogosphere. If there's anyway you could reciprocate, I would be greatly appreciative. The more people that go to my core AllergyEats site, the more powerful it is for our whole community.

    Thank you, Paul

    ReplyDelete