Monday, July 19, 2010

Health and Allergies

I had a conversation with some friends recently about how none of us knew one person who was completely healthy. And by healthy we meant illness or allergies. Everyone has something. What has this world come to? Within my circle of friends alone is a dairy allergy, gluten allergy, lupus, tomato and pea allergy, and countless numbers of deficiencies. I even attended a funeral of a close family friend this weekend; she was 25 years old. And at the buffet were endless dishes with tomato bases, dairy bases, or peas mixed in. I couldn't help but laugh out of sheer lack of knowing what else to do. I guess there's nothing to do but learn to live with it all. And even that is hard enough. Health...we don't even have that anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment