Monday, April 5, 2010

Forgetting

My allergies to tomatoes and peas are new for me; well recently discovered. My whole life I've been able to eat anything and everything I wanted. Because the allergies are not fatal to me, it's easy to cheat (though I pay a price). Because the allergies are newly found, it's easy to forget.

Moving over this past month, my allergies have gone haywire with all the dust and sometimes mold I've had to clean up. My sinuses and headaches have taken a huge toll on me with all the moving and accidental carelessness. I took a bite out of my boyfriend's sandwich not realizing there were raw tomatoes in it; I ate a salad at work and ate around the tomatoes; and even ordered fried rice at Panda Express though I realized the mistake and didn't eat it (it had peas).

This is harder than I thought. Who would've known the most difficult part for me would be remembering not to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment