Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Vacation

I recently took a little excursion east, visiting Washington D.C., Philadelphia and New York City. I enjoyed it immensely. DC especially had amazing restaurants, and I could find no fault in any of the meals I had there. During vacation, it's so easy to throw caution to the wind and completely ignore allergens (for me anyway). Obviously I've been very reckless and haven't been taking my allergies into account lately. That coupled with the drastic change in weather in all three cities has my allergies soaring off the charts. I have very visible bruises on and around my nose from excessive blowing. I definitely pay the price for my own negligence.

But, now I'm home and back to regulating my allergies and am doing much better. The bruises are still there but not as visible. And incidentally, if you ever visit Washington DC, check out Meskerem in Adams Morgan, Bistrot du Coin in Dupont Circle, and Vermillion on King Street in Old Town Arlington; Ethiopian, French street food, and a romantic bistro that will not disappoint, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment