Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Restaurant Guides

Months ago I was contacted by a site called Allergy Eats that does a great service to those with food allergies by providing a guide to restaurants who are sensitive to our needs. I try to stay active in the community and post responses to their blogs, one of which was about a need for restaurants to post allergy information on their menus. Such a great idea. Well, the other night I ordered take out from Mimi's Cafe. As I was leaving, I noticed a book by the host stand labeled "allergy guide." What a great breakthrough! Maybe its too costly for restaurants to print allergy info on each individual menu, but a simple guide book that is easily accessible really is possible. If Mimi's can do it, all restaurants can.We should suggest this to all our favorites.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Pammy,
    Seems more and more restaurants are creating these guides... but not often sharing them with the guests! Why not? I'll feel much more comfortable seeing the info first-hand (and then having the luxury to take my time looking at food options) than having the info passed along to me without knowing there was a book.
    BTW, thanks for the continued support of AllergyEats!
    Paul

    ReplyDelete