Friday, January 22, 2010

Birthdays

I turned 31 on the 15th of this month. Oh my goodness. Feels different to finally be in your 30s. But I hear that these are the years I should be well into knowing just who I am and loving it. Well, I've learned to deal with the little tummy pouch I've acquired over the years, and even made peace with the lines and age spots forming on my face, but I have yet to reconcile with my career and my diet. How am I to know who I am when I don't even know what I can eat?

Whoever came up with that idea obviously never developed a new food allergy later in their life. My birthday celebrating was low key, just the way I like it. Hair cut, pedicure, dinner, and a play. Lovely. But I chose to celebrate one night with my family at Medievel Times, a dinner and tournament show. First item on their menu: tomato bisque. What can I do? Its a set menu, not a restaurant. Good thing for my Mikey though, there were absolutely no dairy dishes, not even the dessert.

To make matters worse, L.A. has seen an entire week of horrendous storms and I have developed a pretty nasty cold and now must put my tomato experimenting on hold. Se la vie. The last few months have been difficult with my boyfriend injured and unable to walk. I guess its just one less thing I need to worry about...for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment