Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My Boy's Dilemma

Here's the kicker: I'm not the only one in my household with a major food allergy. My boyfriend, the love of my life, is allergic to milk; and more specifically, whey. So not only do I have to cut out milk, cheese, cream, and chocolate, I have to read ingredients in all I buy looking for whey, sometimes called casein or caseinate. You have no idea how many foods have caseinate in it as a preservative. Certain breads, deserts, powdered gravies, even bread crumbs contain caseinate. And in his case, this allergy is fatal. I can't make mashed potatoes, certain cookies, certain gravies, certain soups, and the list goes on and on!

Now, with both of our food allergies, it is nearly impossible for me to make a meal that both of us can enjoy without having to make two different entrees or several side dishes to compensate for our allergies. Double help!! All we need now is a child that's allergic to nuts. God help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment