Friday, December 4, 2009

No Milk Mashed Potatoes

Mike has never eaten mashed potatoes before, because of the milk factor. Well, I decided to make him some sans milk, because they are one of the greatest side dishes ever. Here's my impromptu recipe:

I douse a clove of garlic with olive oil and rap it in foil to be roasted in the oven for an hour. Then I boil about 4 large russet potatoes til soft. I squeeze the roasted garlic out into a mixing bowl and mash it in with the cooked potatoes. I add in 4 to 6 tablespoons softened butter and salt and pepper for seasoning. Now in order to get them creamy, I do have to whip them. They turn out pretty buttery and garlicy but that's the way we like them. e loves them' can't get enough!

So what do you guys think? Comments, suggest? I'd very much love the help.

No comments:

Post a Comment